Do you have an online store that needs to be expanded?
If so, then you should be looking for the best WordPress eCommerce plugins. One of the best benefits of using WordPress is all the powerful tools at your disposal.
These plugins can help you quickly and efficiently build your business. That’s why in this article, we are excited to share with you 10 best WordPress eCommerce plugins that will help grow and expand your online store!
Let’s get started
WooCommerce is the most widely used WordPress eCommerce plugin. It’s also the most popular eCommerce plugin in the world. WooCommerce was purchased by Automattic (the company behind WordPress.com) in 2015.
When it comes to rapidly establishing and growing an online business, WooCommerce is often considered one of the finest options. With few items or a huge collection of thousands, you can establish a blog shop with WooCommerce.
Advantages of Woocommerce
- Ease of Setup: You can literally have an eCommerce store up and running in only a few minutes (and with just a few clicks!). Whether you’re selling digital products or physical items.
- Vast Theme Choices: There are thousands of extensions and themes to choose from, making it simple to add new features to your WooCommerce shop, such as art abandonment functions, inventory management, distribution of coupon or discount, and more.
- Support: WooCommerce supports both digital and physical products.
- Affiliate Setup: Affiliate marketers can add affiliate or external goods to your website, allowing visitors a better experience with Woocommerce.
- Tracking: Make it easy to track and manage your inventory. It even allows you to give the store over to a store manager.
- Vast Payment Options: Built-in support for payment methods such as Stripe, PayPal, Wire-Transfer and many more (as well as the ability to add many more by means of extensions).
- Taxes and Feeses: Woocommerce program calculates taxes, shipping fees, and other expenses automatically without human interruption.
- Back-up Support: is available through email, phone, online chat, and even a knowledge base that make WooCommerce a best ecommerce Plugin.
With a lot of advantages it has drawbacks such as
- Scalability Issue: The most common problem with WooCommerce is its scalability. To scale your WooCommerce store as it grows, you’ll need to switch to a managed hosting service like WP Engine which is one of its major drawbacks.
- WooCommerce Theme: WooCommerce can be used with any WordPress theme, although it’s not always as simple to set up or attractive with everyone. To make the most of WooCommerce’s capabilities without spending too much time, you’ll need a WooCommerce-ready theme.
- Too many Options/choices: WooCommerce is very simple to set up on WordPress, however, because of so many settings option; it’s easy to be overwhelmed for a newbie.
2. Easy Digital Downloads
Easy Digital downloads Plugin allows you to sell Digital products with ease.
Yes, WooCommerce has this functionality, but it’s not as user-friendly as the Easy Digital Downloads (known as EDD) plugin for managing and selling digital products on WordPress.
WooCommerce offers comparable features, however the interface is considerably cleaner with Easy Digital Downloading. So, if you’re only selling things like eBooks, PDF documents, or audio clips (non-physical) you should seriously consider Easy Digital Downloads over any of the other WordPress ecommerce plugins.
One of the reasons for Easy Digital download’s success is because the core plugin is free. You install it on your website and immediately have a digital sales platform, with features for discount codes, file access control, and activity tracking.
Advantages and Drawbacks
- Easy Digital downloads plugin work with almost every WordPress theme perfectly.
- There are over a hundred additional Easy Digital Downloads plugin’s extensions available such as payment processors, marketing platforms, and other services.
But it also has some drawbacks.
- Limited Features: Easy Digital Downloads is a program that makes it simpler to develop eCommerce sites for digital objects. However, if you want to sell non-digital items along with digital things, then it’s rather difficult.
- Affiliate Selling Issue: Another disadvantage of Simple Digital Plugin is that if you want to sell Affiliate digital items, you’ll have to install a third-party plugin on it, which will be costly and not be so effective and work perfectly.
3. Cart66 Cloud
Cart66 Cloud has designed its plugin to be a flexible platform for all sorts of individuals. To make the plugin operate correctly, Cart66 cloud is designed to enable the number of add-ons needed. As a result, Cart66 Cloud offers a WordPress ecommerce plugin that includes most of the features and functionalities.
It’s simple to set up, and users’ feedback is generally positive. It’s difficult to compete against WooCommerce in the ecommerce sector, but Cart66 Cloud has its own strong presence in this niche .
We Suggest Cart66 Cloud for customers who don’t want to deal with add-ons. In reality, Cart66 Cloud could be better suited for individuals who aren’t developers and don’t want to mess with.
The major drawback of Cart66 is that Car66Cloud is currently not accepting new accounts.
Big Commerce platform is an eCommerce solution used by companies to help them expand their business online. It’s the same platform that runs big names like Skullcandy, Ben & Jerry’s, and CamelBak.
The plug-in offers seamless integration with WordPress, making it extremely simple to incorporate your items in the platform. It creates the sign in, shopping cart, account, and other essential pages automatically for your Website.
First, let’s take a look at the some advantages of BigCommerce
- Big Commerce Keep your eCommerce store distinct from other content makes it simpler to operate your WordPress website.
- It’s also possible to sell on other platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Amazon using BigCommerce
- Enable lot of Payment integration options without any transaction fees
- BigCommerce provides a variety of shipping and fulfillment choices.
- BigCommerce offers 70+ predesigned and responsive ready templates to help you design as you want.
- BigCommerce applications allow you to quickly customize your store.
With many Advantages it also has drawbacks.
- Compatibility Issue: It’s compatible with all of the top third-party applications and platforms. However, its app store, on the other hand, is still developing, and some less popular apps might not have it.
- Fees: Another disadvantage is that BigCommerce has a yearly sales threshold for each plan. You will be upgraded to the next plan if you reach the limit. This may lead to higher costs as your business expands with no choice left.
shopify, like BigCommerce, is a cloud-hosted eCommerce platform that allows you to set up and start running your store with online retail in minutes. You can get started with Shopify in minutes by signing up and diving in. There’s no need to worry about the site being secure, setting up separate payment systems, handling shipping or taxes, or ensuring that the site is safe. Shopify does that all.
Our list includes Shopify because it’s a simple all-in-one solution. It also has a plugin that allows you to create a WordPress site to manage your content while increasing sales.
Let’s talk about Shopify Advantages.
- All-in-one Solution: It is compatible with both digital and physical goods.
- Inventory Management System: It also includes an inventory editor, bulk importer, and order tracker, making inventory management a snap.
- Multiple Payment Gateways: Multiple payment options mean you can accept payment from any kind of a credit cards online
- Shipping: Order fulfillment is a breeze with Shopify’s simple purchase process and direct connections to popular carriers like USPS.
- Customizable: You can Integrate Shopify with anything and customize it as you want, in other words Shopify offers limitless integration and customization.
Shopify has several advantages, but it also has drawbacks such as
- Payment Gateway: It encourages you to utilize their payment platform powered by Stripe, it can be difficult to diversify your business away from them.
- Charges and Fees: Shopify’s major drawback is its monthly charges (Fees) for the platform, which is comparable to purchasing hosting and unique add-ons using other plugins.
You can sell subscription-based digital items and services on your eCommerce site using the MembersPress plugin. It is not only the finest WordPress eCommerce plugin, but it also leads the field in terms of premium plugins for WordPress.
MemberPress links your website with WooCommerce, allowing you to quickly enhance the features of your online business. You can use MemberPress to grant and withdraw access to digital assets. As a result, you’ll be in command of your inventory.
Payments are possible through a variety of payment gateways, including PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net, thanks to Deployer. It also works with a variety of popular email marketing services like Constant Contact, Drip, Mailchimp , and many more.
With so many Advantages it also has drawbacks.
- Additional Premium Packages: As we told you it allows you to connect with Autorize.net, however to connect Authorize.net, you’ll need to purchase or upgrade to Developer Edition of MemberPress.
- Interface: It’s one of the most expensive plugins, and it doesn’t come with a lifetime subscription. Furthermore, the plugin has a complicated user interface, which is not very user-friendly.
Ecwid is a WordPress e-commerce plugin that has been designed to provide a one-stop shop with both back-office and e-commerce.
The idea is to provide a place for small and medium-sized businesses where they can sell their goods without having to invest a lot of time and money, as Ecwid covers it all for them. As the business grows, they can invest more in it as they need or want.
Create your store by choosing from different templates or by customizing one of them to match your business needs. You then customize your store even more with our powerful e-commerce platform which supports digital goods and physical products of all kinds.
Ecwid has different plans from free to unlimited which cost you around $83.
With so many benefits Ecwid also has few drawabacks such as
- The free version is extremely limited and offers almost nothing in terms of features
- The paid plans are still not the cheapest around
- Ecwid has a lot of competition
- There are few payment gateways available, which can be a very important drawback for many users.
8. WP eCommerce Plugin
The WP e-Commerce plugin includes all the features that you need for your store. It has a comprehensive set of options to customize your site, optimize your experience and sales conversions, and streamline your operations. The WP e-Commerce plugin is designed to be flexible and can be used with any theme.
With the WP e-Commerce plugin, you don’t need professional design skills or any other coding knowledge to set up an online store. The plugin also offers bundled solutions with top shipping carriers so you don’t have to worry about complicated integrations.
WP e-Commerce Plugin – Features
Create an unlimited number of products, including simple and variable products. You can also configure product options such as size, color, and materials. Define custom tax rules for your products to specify which country it applies to and how much tax is charged based on the product’s price or the customer’s shipping destination.
Make your online store SEO-friendly and this is an effective way to increase traffic to your site. Create and manage multiple shipping methods and rates, including free shipping options for qualifying order.
Drawbacks of WP e-Commerce Plugin
WP e-Commerce Plugin has some drawbacks such as
- It is a bit slow
- It has some minor incompatibility issues
- Some functionality is hidden in the backend and not intuitive to use
- It has some bugs that are yet to be resolved
OpenCart is another free and open-source solution that is based on PHP/MySQL architecture and offers many of the same features. OpenCart has many plugins, which you can use to add custom functionality to your online store.
The plugin architecture makes it easy for programmers to create their own plugins. OpenCart also offers a number of extensions like the Amazon, PayPal, WooCommerce, and Spree Commerce extensions. These extensions can be used with any theme and without any coding knowledge necessary.
OpenCart users are able to build mobile-ready websites with touch-based navigation. OpenCart comes pre-configured with SEO tools, which can help you increase your website’s rankings in search engines. By that way it will be easy for you to implement your own digital marketing strategy and boost your sales.
DrawBacks of OpenCart
Open-Cart also has few drawbacks such as
The support response time is a bit slow
It needs expert programming knowledge to customize the plugin or build one from scratch
There are no free themes available for OpenCart, which you can use as a starting point
The user interface has some bugs and compatibility issues.
We hope you found this blog post helpful and if so, please share it with your friends and family on social media. Again, we know how difficult it can be to find the right ecommerce plugin for your business needs but now that you have our list of 6 best ecommerce plugins. Now, finding an appropriate solution should be a lot easier!
If there’s anything else we can do to help guide you in the right direction as far as ecommerce software goes – don’t hesitate to Comment Below!